Friday, March 11, 2011

COLLAPSE INTO NOW: EVERY DAY IS YOURS TO WIN

This is a really simple little tune.  I like it a lot, it's very unthreatening.  Sort of a companion to Why Not Smile.  In the video below, the song begins at about 2 minutes in.



EVERY DAY IS YOURS TO WIN
With the walk and the talk
And the tick tock clock
With the rock and the roll
And the bridge and the toll
With the brilliance and the light
And the stink and the fight
And the road ahead of you

I cannot tell a lie
It's not all cherry pie
But it's all there waiting for you, yeah you

Hey yeah
Hey yeah
Hey yeah
I know

With the warp and the wooze
And the subterfuge
Does it all look bitter and blue?
Well I'm nothing but confused
With nothing left to lose
And if you buy that, I've got a bridge for you

Hey yeah
Hey yeah
Hey yeah
I know

Hey yeah
Hey yeah
Hey yeah
I know

Every day is new again
Every day is yours to win
And that's how heroes are made
I wanted to win
so I said it again
That's how heroes are made

Hey yeah
Hey yeah
Hey yeah
I know

Hey yeah
Hey yeah
Hey yeah
I know


Deceptively simple guitar part.  Revised a lot of this with the help of the live sessions with Mike Mills on guitar.

EVERY DAY IS YOURS TO WIN

Verse/Chorus
(Em-F#m-D-F#m, Em-F#m-D-A)
e|--3------5------5---5--3------5-----5---5--|
B|---5-----------7-7-7-7--5------7---7-7-5-5-|
G|-4--4-4>6-4-6-7---6---4--4-4>6--6-7---6----|
D|-------------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------|

E|-------------------------------------------|
Middle Bridge
e|------------------------|
B|------------------------|
G|------------------------|
D|--5-3-2-3-2-5-3-2-3-4---|
A|-3---------3------------|
E|------------------x2----|
End
e|--3------5------5---5--3------5-----5---5----|
B|---5-----------7-7-7-7--5------7---7-7-7-7---|
G|-4--4-4>6-4-6-7---6---4--4-4>6--6-7---7---7--|
D|---------------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------|

E|---------------------------------------------|

No comments:

Post a Comment