Monday, March 26, 2018

UP: YOU'RE IN THE AIR

  I recently read a review of the album, it might've been Rolling Stone, giving UP a lovely review saying it's an album of rock ballads. I have to admit I've never looked at the album in quite that way, but it makes a lot of sense. With that in mind, there are a lot of good things about this song--some of the lyrics are lovely in an eerie sense, the atmosphere is unlike anything I've heard the band do to this point--kind of a mash-up of 'Monty' and 'Leave,' and the orchestrations are solid. However, according to setlist.fm, the band played the song live ... NEVER. Seriously, they've played Rotary 10 and 11 more. I can't help wonder of this song is a 'b-side' if Berry's around. Also, he yodels something toward the end that sounds like 'I'm walking on,' but is likely 'I want you,' so I won't even post it officially.


YOU'RE IN THE AIR

You wanted a challenge that's calling you higher
I landed on my feet by crawling
I remember standing alone trying to forget you, idling
I hate to admit it that's my reference point but there it is
You say you want me

I'm what you found I'm upside down you're in the air
You're in the air and I’m breathing

Brighten the stars the weather is lifting
The heavens love a love like this
It's pulling you higher twist it and turn this around
It lights from within it dribbles your chin
Now brings a smile I'm lost again
I'm lost again

I'm what you found I'm upside down you're in the air
You're in the air and I’m breathing you

I want the stars to know they've won if only to beguile
The sky has opened up again in heaven reconciled
I want you naked I want you wild
I want the stars to know they win
Give me that smile just give it me just turn it on I'm lost again

I'm what you found I'm upside down you're in the air
I'm what you found I'm upside down you're in the air
I'm what you found I'm upside down you're everywhere
You're in the air and I’m breathing you


   There's not a lot of guitar in the chorus of this song, but I threw some chords down that match the bass walk, listen along to find the rhythm. In addition, love the Em7 and F in this one. There's quite a bit of E-Bow to give the song an edge, but I didn't tab below. Mostly mess around with the 7, 9, and 5 frets.

YOU'RE IN THE AIR

Intro/ Verse

e|----------------0-|
B|---1---0---1---3--|
G|--2-2-0-0-2-2-4---|
D|-2-------2--------|
A|------------------|
E|------------------|

Chorus                ‘Breathing’
e|-0---0---3-----3---|-0----|
B|-3---1---0-----0---|-3----|
G|-4---0---0-----0---|-4----|
D|-4---2---0-----0---|-4----|
A|-0---3---x-0-2-3---|-0----|
E|-0---0---3-0-0-0---|-0----|

Post Chorus                    
e|-0---0---0---0---1---|-0--|
B|-1---3---1---3---1---|-3--|
G|-2---4---0---0---2---|-0--|
D|-2---4---2---5---3---|-2--|
A|-0---0---3---5---3---|-2--|
E|-0---0---0---0---1---|-0--|

Post Chorus Riff               
e|-5-5-3-5-5-3-5-5-3-5>8-5-3-3-5h-|-----|
B|--------------------------------|-3---|
G|-----------------------------x3-|-----|

Last Am Pick 
e|------------|
B|----1-0-----|
G|---2-2------|
D|--2---------|
A|-0----------|
E|------------|

End on Am





No comments:

Post a Comment