Tuesday, July 16, 2013

THE AUTOMATIC BOX SET: DARK GLOBE

  So for this one, I am not including any tab.  It is recorded with all piano and since it is not an R.E.M. original track, I'll not attempt it.  It should be noted that in Syd Barrett's version it is all guitar.  As you listen to the tracks you'll find that they are structurally similar, but their tempo and theme are vastly different.  Of course I prefer R.E.M.'s version, but perhaps that is because it is cleaner.


DARK GLOBE

Oh where are you now?
Pussy willow that smiled on my sleeve
When I was alone 

You promised a stone from your heart
My head kissed the ground
I was half the way down 

Treading the sand
Please

Please lift a hand
I'm only a person
Whose armbands beat on his hands hang tall

Won't you miss me? 

Why don't you miss me at all?

My head touched the ground

I was half the way down
Strumming the sand
Please lift a hand

I'm only a person
With eskimo chain

You tattered my brain all the way

Won't you miss me? Why don't you miss me at all?


No comments:

Post a Comment