Wednesday, December 22, 2010

COLLAPSE INTO NOW: DISCOVERER

This might come as a shock, jumping ahead a few decades like this, but I just heard the new track yesterday.  Below is the song.  It's not bad ... kind of rocking with a little Edge thrown in.  The opening and closing chord is the same as the B chord formation in Harborcoat, but with more distortion.  It's very anthemic with a shouted out bridge.  There are some other sneak peeks at remhq.com including the track listing, a preview trailer, and the song It Happened Today, alot of background 'aahs' in this one including Eddie Vedder.  Kind of reminiscent of Stipe's guest spot of Grant Lee Buffalo's Jubilee.   For those of you not from NYC, he is floating across Houston, pronounced How-stun, Street.







DISCOVERER
Hey baby,
This is not a challenge
It just means that I love you as much as I said I did
I was wrong, I have been laughable wrong
Sandpaper, paper mache, chalk, hung out wet

Oh the city and your skin, now, na na na na na na
I didn’t have to be afraid
I didn’t have to feel so stupid
I can see myself, I can feel

That just the slightest bit of finesse
Might have made a little less mess
But it was what it was, let’s all get on with it
Now!
Oh!

Discoverer
Discoverer
Discoverer
Laughing, laugh
Discoverer

Floating across Houston
That’s where I am
I see the city rise up tall
The opportunities, the possibilities
Oh I have never felt so called
Remember the vodka-espresso night of discovery?
Remember that?
Laughing
Discovery

Oh how I look back and reflect
How I felt it, how it set
I don’t have to feel so wrong
Now I wake up dreaming, saffron, turmeric, and brass

And just the slightest bit of finesse
Might have made a little less mess
But it was what it was, let’s all get on with it
Now!
Just the slightest bit of finesse
Might have made a little less mess
But it was what it was, let’s all get on with it
Now!
Oh!

Discoverer
Discoverer
Discoverer
Discoverer
Discoverer

The guitar part here is fairly simple, but fun.  Find a friend to play the lead under the verse ...

DISCOVERER

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                DISCOVERER - REM
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tabbed by: Barnaby Wilde
Email:

Verse/Intro/Bridge
Guitar 1:
e|-2---2---0---2-------|
B|-0---0---0---0-------|
G|-4---4---2---4-------|
D|-4---4---2---4-------|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|

Guitar 2:
e|-4-5-7-9-10h-9-10h-9-9-10h-9-5-4-5h-4-2---|
B|------------------------------------------|
G|------------------------------------------|
D|------------------------------------------|
A|------------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------|

Chorus:
e|---------0--0-0------0---0---0---0--|
B|---------0-0-0-0-----0---0---0---0--|
G|-3---1---8-----------4---7---7---4--|
D|-4---2---9-------x3--5---7---7---4--|
A|-4---2---9-----------5---5---5---2--|
E|-2---0---7-----------3---0---0---0--|

e|--0---0--------0---0---|
B|--5---0--------0---0---|
G|--4---4--------4---7---|
D|--x---4--------5---7---|
A|--2---2---x3---5---5---|
E|--0---0--------3---0---|

No comments:

Post a Comment